Thursday, June 14, 2012

3D Bon Voyage Paper Airplane Candy Holder

Flying High!
Hello my crafty friends!

I was inspired to make this plane while visiting Kimberlyrae's site http://kreationsbykimberlyrae.com/blog/
She made one for her Nephew Paul,who just came back to the states from serving our country. I really love how her plane turned out and I'm sure Paul will cherish it. 

I had so much fun making this really cool airplane. I couldn't find any of those chocolate caramel rolls like Kimberly used, so I used a plastic tube that I picked up at the dollar store. It holds a plastic sports watch and fits perfectly for the body of the plane. You can leave the watch in or take it out and add M & M or whatever candy you like. I cut the plane out in white card stock and heavy blue glitter papers on eClips machine. I glued the white and blue papers together to make it sturdy. I added a gold brad to the propeller and glued it to the lid of the tube. I glued 2 large and 2 small buttons for the wheels and added the American flag and star stickers. I think it turned out really cool. These super fun and easy planes would make a great addition to any party or surprise gift for someone special.

You can get the file at Pepito's Etsy shop





No comments: