Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Enchanted Sparrow Once Upon A Time Paperscape


I  entered my Enchanted Sparrow Paperscape into the Challenge at anythingbutacard site. Please click below to see all the beautiful entries from around the globe.

http://anythingbutacard.com/
Misty GD "Guest Designer"


  Hello again my Dear Friends!

It's official! 
 Autumn has begun!  But, it's so hot out, even the little birdies aren't sure if it will Ever get cold. 

I just had to share this really detailed paperscape hanging with you.
 Isn't it just beautiful! 
I think I'll be hanging it in my craft room, it's so colorful and pretty. 
The details on the birds wing and head are incredible. 
Where did I find such a gorgeous project you ask?
I'll give you one guess! Mary's svg cuts site. She creates the most amazing svg cutting file that you would ever want to make. The detail and expertise that go into all her designs are amazing. First and foremost, she is the nicest person you would ever want to meet. And don't forget Leo, a sweetheart and so talented. You should check out his tutorials.that bring all of Mary's creations to life. So, If your looking for svg files that have a special flair and  will knock your socks off, it's svgcuts.com.
Click below to get this project and visit their site.


 You also might want to visit their Friendly Facebook page and join in the fun. Everyone enjoys sharing their creations and special talents. Go check it out and say that Misty sent you :) Most of all have FUN!


The flowers are so delicate and very easy to assemble. I used colored pencils, inks and Tri Chem Candy creations glitter paints.

I added the butterfly from Penny Duncan's site. Actually, I bought these particular butterflies from her for my mom back in January. My mom would have Loved this Paperscape hanging in her room as she Loved birds. I remember when this little bird came to her with a broken wing. She nursed it back to health with her home remedies. She opened up a Wheat Germ capsule and poured it on the open wing and within days, the little bird was showing signs of healing. Over the months, the little birds wing had healed and was able to fly again. She would wait for that little bird to visit her and set up housekeeping in one of many, bird hanging baskets. She loved all birds and animals and  I miss her dearly. 

I have to share this with you! 
Just last week, I cut my bottom lip open on a shopping cart while at Lowes.  My bottom teeth went right through my bottom lip as I was putting a Large bag of fertilizer in the bottom of the shopping cart. Boy, did that hurt! So, I remembered that story about the birds broken wing and thought, I would give it a try. I came home and opened up a Wheat Germ oil capsule and dabbed it on. It felt good so I kept putting it on every couple hours. Well, you know, after only a few days, my lip healed up. I still have a bump but it's all healed. Making a Note of that! LOL


Penny did a great job inking her butterflies and adding details. Check her site out, she has some wonderful projects and videos to share also.



You can see the details that went into making up the birds wing. Actually, it was pretty easy to do and watching Leo's video tutorial made it all come together. I think the hardest part was inking each little piece...lol  I cut the whole bird out in white card stock and used Tim Holtz distressed inks. I just love his inks, they are so vibrant and beautiful.



Here's another close-up of his wing. This was a very thought out design and the finished piece is so beautiful. You can use the bird on a scrapbook page or even add it to a card.  So cute!


This caption was inked also and another file from Mary's svg's. I made a silhouette in eCal and glued it on. I glued the E a little too high and tried to adjust it but the glue, "Scotch Quick Dry" Really Stuck!...lol I'm famous for gluing things upside down too...LOL



I hope I've inspired you to create this beautiful paperscape or maybe something even more spectacular. Please drop me a line and share your creations with me. I would love to see them. Leave me a comment with your blog or website and I will post a link.

  Have a wonderful Tuesday and I look forward to seeing you soon.
Autumn is in the air!
Hugs!

4 comments:

Carole said...

Wow...that is beautiful, well done, great details. I can hear the delight and pleasure in your words when creating a treasure like this. Isn't that the best. Leo and Mary must love you, you sound like their spokesperson, and I agree with everything you wrote. Great tutorials, wonderful customer service and very generous too!

Mom's still taking care of you with memories that are relevant and serve you. I hope the bump goes away.

Hugs C

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, this really is a gorgeous card! Love the paper!

Meighan Wheller said...

Beautiful card, such stunning details! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Crafty Creations. Regards Meighan

Jessica Griffin said...

That's a beautiful project! I can't believe how real the sparrow looks!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at anything but a card!! xo

Jessica