Sunday, September 16, 2012

Old Fashioned Witches Lace Up Shoe Card

Hello my Friends!
Yes, it's Sunday and I'm still crafting...lol.  

 First, I would like to share a link for this FREE really cute Pumpkin and fall background that I used in my pictures. It Free over at  http://www.widescreenwallpapers.org/halloween-5.html 
Actually it's a desktop background and they have more that are Free to dl. Check it out!

 This adorable Old fashioned Witches Lace up shoe card and a tutorial  is on Kim's blog. She has an adorable blog and lots of fun and creative things to see.

I was inspired by her tutorial and had the same Martha Stewart lace punch she was using. Soooo I just had to make one for me too! I usually like the cutesy pumpkins and friendly things at Halloween but this was soooo cute, I couldn't pass it up. Wouldn't it be darling if I made the toe plain and decorated it up for Christmas? Such a sweet card!




Kim and her daughter made this adorable shoes and used the cartridge "Happy Haunting". I don't use any cartridges with my eClips/eCal machine. I have eCal software that lets me cut just about anything and everything. So, I  made my shoe and watched her tutorial. Wonderful instructions! 


This is the shoe standing opened. Super cute card!
I used brown card stock and cream for the back. The patterned paper is from Joann's and I'm not sure of the name of it. I think just about any pretty papers will do. I Love Kim's papers!!



This is the back of the card. I added a small piece to make the top stronger.

I used rust ribbon on the top and middle of the shoe and orange to lace it up and tied a bow. Gathering the rust ribbon takes a little practice as you can see, mine is not even. As they say, practice makes perfect;)

Here's a close-up of the lace and ribbon.


 Kim's tutorial will show you how to lace it up.Very easy and fun!



I had so much fun making this adorable little shoe card. Now I think I will make a few in black and polka dots with a bright Red bow.
 I hope you enjoyed viewing my little shoe and thanks for looking.

Have a wonderful day!
Until next time....HUGS to All!


No comments: